About

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sexy Summer Soiree

So the Sexy Summer Soiree at the Identity Bar & lounge was a huge success! All the comedians were hilarious! And the musicians were really talented as well! All the musicians, authors, and comedians were wearing AuH2O Designs, and some of them even wore some clothing that I designed!

So before I leave this city, I'm going to write down all the cool stores that I've visited, along with what's good about them, and what I intend to do with those stores as I head back home.

My main goal is to start buying merchandise so I can create jewelry/clothing/accessories to create a web page where people can buy the merchandise!

So here we go:

1. Metalliferous - This store has TONS of charms, chains, earrings, etc.! I'll use this store to buy some cool charms/chains (kind of like what my boss does), and sell it online. What I want to do is first buy some of these charms/chains, and ask people to rank what they like best, and why they do. (This will probably be an online quiz, or I may even make a small pamphlet).

So what do I need to learn/get better at? Taking professional-looking photographs, and find a site where I can create the online quiz. (I may just create a photo on facebook where I compile all of the items together, and then tag a bunch of people).

2. NY Beads - This store also had a lot of charms, lockets, chains, etc. So I would do something similar as with metalliferous with selling items online, as well as the online quiz where people rank their items from most favorite to least favorite. (I may have to do this while I am in New York, because they don't sell items online) - Or, I will have to check out Vons at Purdue to see if they have cameos, etc.

3. In terms of selling my items, I'm thinking of either using Etsy, Sense of Fashion.com, or some other site. I still need to do some more research so I can get the best usage out of it! Sense of Fashion is good, because it helps with free promotion, which is always good! I'm also thinking of using Burdastyle.com for some promotion as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment