About

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Fun in the City!

So work has been eventful and fun again! I made a flyer for an event we are helping host at a bar on July 24! I am familiar with Adobe Illustrator, and haven't used it for a couple years or so, since freshman year. My boss wanted me to use Adobe Photoshop, so I was nervous about my abilities to make it look nice, but it turned out really well, and am happy with the final result!

I also sold a second item of mine that I designed! Yay, so I'll get $12 again!

The other day I talked to a guy in charge of an event, called the Green City Challenge. It's an event where people sign up to race all around New York, and complete certain tasks. The store is planning on participating in it, so I talked to the guy in charge of the event and told my boss all about the event! We're going to talk about it on Friday at work to discuss what type of things we want people doing at the store for the event! It'll be fun, and I'm hoping I'll get an e-mail soon from a lady in charge of helping all the stores on 7th street for a Fashion Week event!

In other news, I saw a friend from high school that I haven't seen in a while. She goes to Columbia University, so after we met up I decided to visit the campus; it was GORGEOUS! So now I really want to go there for graduate school. I think I have a shot if I keep up all my grades from now until graduation!

And I think I am coming close to a decision in switching my major to retail management! I'm still not 100% sure, so I think I am going to talk to the career center at school right when I get back!! :)

I also made an AMAZING dinner last night for Annie and I. It was sooo good!! Probably the most appetizing meal I've had in a loong time!


Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment